Are you looking for a summer job?
Yuma Parks and Recreation is looking for next Summer's lifeguards.
American Red Cross Lifeguarding curriculum will provide lifeguard candidates with the entry-level knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over.
Step1: *PRE-REQUISITE –REQUIRED-Marcus Pool (swimsuit required):
December 04, 2021: *Swim Assessment 08:00 am-12:00 pm (estimated)
Step 2: Independent homework assignment and study (on-line coursework)
December 4-December 15, 2021 (midnight all work must be complete)
Step 3: REQUIRED TRAINING/CLASS DATES (swimsuit required):
Saturday and Sunday December 18-19, 2021 Marcus Pool
8:00 am – 6:00 pm (estimated)
-Location: Marcus Pool for ALL in person work
-REQUIRED FEES: $150.00
Must Register in advance through the Parks and Recreation office.
For registration questions, please call 928-373-5200.
Class is limited to first 10 registered candidates; minimum of 6.
NO two-piece swimsuits; expect to be in and out of water for pool and class work.
Swimming Pool is heated. Candidate must bring a couple of personal towels, personal water, sunscreen, snacks and lunch.
COVID social distancing protocols/procedures will be in place.
Register at Parks and Recreation Office or, or by phone (928)373-5200
1. Minimum age of 15 at completion of course
2. Swim 500 yards continuously using these strokes in the following order:
a. 200 yards Front Crawl
b. 100 yards Breaststroke
c. 200 yards of either the front crawl using rhythmic breathing, or
3. Submerge to a minimum depth of 12 feet, retrieve a 10 lb. object, and return to entry point with object in hands and keeping face above the water (timed100 seconds).
4. Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs
The City of Yuma Parks and Recreation Department uses the American Red Cross, Life Guarding Today curriculum for instruction.
The Yuma Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to
photograph facilities, activities and program participants for potential future use. All photos will remain the property of the Yuma Parks and Recreation Departments and may be used for publicity or promotion purposes.
More information: 928-373-5200
- Alcohol appears to be factor in Yuma car crash that left driver in critical condition
- Sheriff's department sends out PSA on illegal headlights
- Yuma student recognized by NFL's Arizona Cardinals for being a 'Classroom All Star'
- Woman dies in Yuma after vehicle hit twice, including by a semi-truck
- YPD searching for serial shoplifter who has targeted Yuma Target
- Air Force team helps Yuma hospital care for COVID patients
- Man accused of assault and robbery caught by U.S. Marshalls in Yuma
- Bed Bath and Beyond says Bye, Bye Yuma
- YRMC speaks about COVID's impact on staff and federal aid
- Border patrol remembers fallen Yuma sector agent
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Kourtney Kardashian 'frustrated by family drama overshadowing her wedding'
- Zach Galifianakis hails 'caring and tender' Louie Anderson
- Prince Andrew 'could have his royal patronages restored'
- ‘Outlander’: Religious Differences ‘Cause Conflict’ for Jamie in Season 6
- All the New Shows & Seasons You Can Stream During Winter Olympics
- Lily James revelled in the 'passion' of Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee
- Rupert Grint: I want to be like the Gallagher brothers
- Goldie Hawn: I'm happy to stay in my lane