Yuma, Arizona has so much to offer for visitors and locals. Whether you are looking for a way to spend an afternoon or entertain visitors, check out my top 10 places to visit in the area.
1. Well, Yuma just wouldn’t be what it is without the wonderful Colorado River. While the river provides the desert southwest with precious water, it also serves as a great recreational area. If you have 3 hours, make a reservation with the Yuma River Tubing to float the river. There are also several other places to put your boat in and explore.
2. Yuma is home to a very unique state park, The Yuma Territorial Prison State Historic Park , which is a site to see! Learn about the inmates that spent time at the prison, see the original cell blocks and more!
3. The Sanguinetti House Museum & Gardens will reopen on October 19, 2021. This museum is full of character and unique Yuma history. Self-guided tours or those led by the Storytellers are available. Make sure to visit!
4. As you drive on I-8, it’s always a sight to see the Imperial Sand Dunes. Take the freeway exit to see the stunning sand dunes. This is a great place for a picnic and make sure to take a walk. It will be one you won’t forget.
5. Bring your passport and spend time in Algodones, Mexico. Walk the streets to shop from vendors and enjoy the local cuisine at The Patio Bar.
6. Take a trip back in time and visit the Castle Dome Mining Museum . You’ll learn about the mining history in the area and will also have an opportunity to take a mine tour. Pack your lunch and be ready to have a great time!
7. Begin your day with a hike of Telegraph Pass. The views at the top are so rewarding and you will be so proud of yourself for checking this hike off of your list. Make sure you bring plenty of water for this 5 mile hike.
8. Enjoy a little self-care by taking a yoga class at Studio Y. Classes are offered for all levels and you will leave the studio feeling refreshed.
9. Put on your walking shoes and take a stroll along the Colorado River. Park at the West Wetlands Park and take the walking trail to take in the views and get your steps in for the day.
10. Yuma has several local shops that all offer unique products and goods. As you make your way around town, stop in and shop.
Check back soon for part 2 of the series which includes my top 10 restaurant suggestions in Yuma!